Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Pearl Harbor...

...was not a pretty scene. We've had our generation's Pearl Harbor. I fear that we, at home, may not be 'as great a generation' as my Father's generation. The Soldiers are, the home front may not be.

My perspective is different. A long time ago, I visited the Battleship Arizona memorial. 72 hours later I was at ground zero in Hiroshima. The two visits should have turned the idealistic college grad into a Peacenik. It turned him into a warrior.

Semper Fi (inspite of the Demorat's redefinition of the language) still translates as 'always faithful'. It does not translate as 'simply fabulous'.

Life is a long trip, and I've ended up in the Bog.

Kermit

1 Comments:

At Wed Dec 07, 10:39:00 AM, Blogger sandy said...

Some might not understand how seeing the "Arizona" and ground zero could turn you into a warrior. I think I get it.
I think it was a shame that the Emperor of Japan let it come down to such mass destruction before he would stop the killing.
Not one but two bombs! Makes me fighting mad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Web Counter