Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I have a...

…confession concerning Harriet Miers. The Frog is a Democrat. Actually he is a Jacksonian Democrat. In today’s terms, that would make him a Paleoconservative, somewhere slightly to the left of Ghengis Khan, and a little to the right of Louis XIV. You remember old Andy Jackson, the guy that said some thing like, “Well, now that the Court has ruled, let them enforce the ruling”.

#1 – I voted for Bush (both of them). I voted for Dubya because, under the circumstances, he was by and away the better choice. No friend of Hanoi Jane is, in any way, representative of me. I would have, and still would, cut off my left nut before voting for Senator Waffles the Clown, husband to Teresa the Ketchup Queen.

#2 – I don’t believe that the current choice for the S.C.O.T.U.S. is the most brilliant conservative mind available. But I do believe that she is a damnably good choice. And (being Paleocon / Jacksonian Democrat) I don’t think that we need anymore pointyheads in high places. One of the problems with S.C.O.T.U.S. is that it’s tilted way too far toward experts/academics/"good" school ties and way too far away from the sense that God gave a goose.

#3 – The best choice of legal minds would create a major floor fight/barroom brawl in the Senate. I am a fighter. Being a fighter has kept me alive for the last 42 years. I also know when not to fight. It is best not to fight when the people who are supposed to be watching your back have (all 50 plus of them taken together – the Weepublicans) the same amount of spine as 2 Jellyfish!

#4 – I am appalled that all the Demorats had to do to send the Weepublicans into complete disarray was for one major Demorat to say that he supported the choice even before anything was said or any facts were found by anybody. I can almost hear the buggers snickering in the cloak room about how easy it is to win a war before the first shot is fired in the battle.

#5 – while we’re talking military leadership, I can hear the Weepublican leaders shouting, “Ready! Fire! Aim!”

May you be totally unoffended in the days ahead.

Kermit the Grumpy

2 Comments:

At Wed Oct 05, 08:24:00 PM, Blogger Ca... said...

Wayne said it; "Lock and Load...'oops',,,Load and lock."

 
At Sat Oct 08, 09:50:00 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Ahh, Kermit - your #4 is perfect. I too am watchng all the kerfuffle with amusement - even though it is my own party being the silliest.

"Senator Waffles the Clown..." Heeheehee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Web Counter