Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

This is one...

... of the funniest things since 'sliced bread' (pun intended). If this was not 'reality' it would have had to have been dreamed up by Franz Kafka!


From my cold dead hands


You want to take away my kitchen utensils? You'll have to pry them from my cold dead hands (via Samizdata). Really. You have to read the whole thing. The wording is just eery. Here are a couple of excerpts.


"They [the researchers] argued many assaults are committed impulsively, prompted by alcohol and drugs, and a kitchen knife often makes an all too available weapon."


"The researchers said there was no reason for long pointed knives to be publicly available at all."


See what happens when you take away guns? People just move onto the messier kitchen utensils.


Update: I see that a number of the usual libertarian suspects have also noted this item, along with the NYTimes [How much longer before we stop linking to them?]. I forgot to mention the particularly Canadian solution to this particular issue. I don't believe they would pry my kitchen knife from my cold dead hands. Instead they will pry more tax dollars from my warm reluctant hands in order to set up a multi-billion dollar "kitchen knife registry."

This is a total hoot. Go thee hence and read it all.

Flopping around in the bog,

Kermit

PS - link to tipperography is in the link list - that's where this amazing piece of scientific research or whatever was discovered by the frog - I really think that the head of the research team had to be Monty Python. Track it back and read the original BBC article.

2 Comments:

At Wed Jun 01, 04:30:00 AM, Blogger Kermit said...

Knives don't kill people, cholesterol does!

So, let's bring the local Burger Joint before a US Circus Court of Appeals for a gang-bang (whoops) group lawsuit and all retire to the Bahamas!

At least we will die someplace warm drinking a lot of those 'little umbrella thingies in coconuts' things.

Hey, we deserve it. We're the victims here. Quick, call my lawyer.

Oh, I forgot... Lawyers are disbarred in the Bog. I guess that there are no beachs in Kermit's future.

Saddened in the Bog,

Kermit

PS - but that's Okay. Kermit tries not to beach too loudly because the Bog is a happy place.

 
At Wed Jun 01, 05:20:00 PM, Blogger John the Mad said...

Your understanding of how the Canadian government responds to public policy issues is downright impressive. You are far more observant than most Canucks on these matters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Web Counter