Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

In answer to a comment...

and an opportunity to share (since my comment on 'Neticate' was solicited by another site) my feelings.

Forwarded to the "Nth" degree is everything and anything that still has 18 other forwards attached to it - I'm not interested in the fact that it you received it because you are on some one's friendship list and they received it because they are on someone's friendship list et cetera. A poet named Ogden Nash wrote a poem about this way back in the 1950's. It goes something like this.

Little fleas have smaller fleas
upon their back, to bite 'em.

Smaller fleas have lesser fleas,
so on... ad infinitum.

The story - or joke - or article - or picture - or whatever...

becomes less enjoyable when I have to scroll through 28 gigabytes of code translated into letters and the names of people I never met and will never meet in person by a WYSIWYG word processing/HTMl-XHTML SOURCE CODER...

Some have even been so long that I never did got to the bottom before I hit delete.

Thank you in advance for forwarding whatever...

But, my time is as valuable to me as other people's time is to them.

My gripe is about RESPECT...

It's something I heard about from a Ninja/Kungfu guy that I worked with a long tome ago.

Thank you ever so much for having my name flash into your consciousness while you were playing with the computer. What you sent is indeed funny. I may not have had a rof or lol experience, but it was pleasurable.

The problem is with folk that use the "FORWARD" button without showing respect. What's that?

It's taking the time to remove the 18 gigabytes of addresses and names of people who have received this message since 1990 and placing it into a form in which the list of people is only 1 (and that is usually to a decoy URL) with the remainder of the list is sent as BCC (blind carbon copy)...

This respects my time constraints (I work 9 - 10 hours daily at an 8 to 5 job) and gives me a modicum of privacy from spammers (I have a calous on the finger that controls the delete button).

So - yes the communications revolution is wonderful. Yes, I correspond with people all over the globe (and in several languages).

So show some respect. Or, to quote the punch line of a joke from Junior High School...

"If the Foo Shits, Wear It".

And now you have my unbridled response concerning "Neticate"

Kermit

PS - If you prayed for rain, don't stand beside the tractor that's now stuck in the field and cuss at the mud.

PPS - I will now be an hour late for being at work an hour early. But I can make up for it by staying 2 hours after work before coming bag to the BOG...

3 Comments:

At Tue Apr 12, 04:41:00 AM, Blogger Kermit said...

This is neither for nor about the Ninja/Kungfu Guy. There is a volcano under Kermit's Bog. Like Mt St. Helen's - there are days that it vents...

No offenses. The volcano in the Bog blew smoke.

Neticate is hot button on the Frog's butt.

Yorse...

Kurrently Kalmed Kermit

 
At Tue Apr 12, 01:26:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

HA!! I love the disclaimer comment just in case...

This irritates me to no end as well, you're definitely not alone!

 
At Sat Apr 16, 08:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When it comes to email I have found the delete button to be the greatest of blessings. An invention I would not do without. But my faviorite email ends something like this: If you love Jesus, God & soforth you will send this to 1000 people in the next 30 seconds and you will get a million bucks. If not your sleen will rupture and you mothers scabies will return. It makes me wonder," how did God answer prayer prior to email and how did he punish the wicked...hmmmmm. peace out frog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Web Counter